Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Santa and the sinister man...

I've made a start on something new. With Christmas coming up I thought something 'Christmassy' might be in order, so I chose Woodland Santas from The Prairie Schooler. I'm stitching Santa in the horse-drawn sleigh for now, but one day I hope to stitch them all on one piece of fabric.



Now for the sinister man bit... a friend at work was telling me that the other day while she was at work her house alarm went off. Her neighbour rang the police during all the noise to report a sinister looking man in the window. Apparently loads of police turned up and cordoned off surrounding streets. Guess who it turned out to be standing in her window? Sir Anthony Hopkins!! The neighbour had looked in and seen her World's Fastest Indian poster! D'oh!!

I bought the ingredients to make
Anne's apricot slice tonight. I might just go and make it now, I've been hankering for it ever since I saw the photo and recipe!

5 comments:

AnneS said...

That poster story is toooo funny! Look forward to seeing what you think about the apricot slice ;) Your PS santas are going to be gorgeous - I love those designs :D

Carol said...

Your neighbor must be so emabarrassed!!

Anna van Schurman said...

That's such a funny story. He is sinister all right, especially if you've seen Silence of the Lambs!

Anonymous said...

TeeHee gotta laugh at the poster story. I might be a bit scared if I saw Anthony Hopkins in my neighbors window:)

choko said...

Thank you visited my blog and massage.Your Chrithams stiches are very cute chart!I'm gald to your stich.