Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Mermaid Inn

Thanks for all the comments on my last post. :0)

Sorry if you've checked back over the past week and found no updates (I'm a naughty blogger), but I've been working on 'The Mermaid Inn' and have found it hard to put down. Progress pic below.



The Mermaid Inn is an old (and I really mean old, it was REBUILT in 1420!) pub, situated in Rye, West Sussex. I've visited it on a number of occasions, and was able to pick up this kit in England when I was there on my recent trip. It is such a tiny pub... I'm 5ft7" tall and have to watch my head on the door frame and you'd be lucky to fit 20-30 people inside I reckon.

Come Christmas I'll be rid of nasty embroidery hoop marks (hopefully forever!), Santa is bringing me some Q-snaps. I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

What's better than stash? Free stash, of course! One of my sisters was having a clear out and has passed on a bag of evenweave fabrics for me. I'm sure I'll put them to good use in the future!

Margaret has tagged me. I have to state five things which are wierd about myself or my pets. Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one and get back to you... :0) If you can think of five wierd things about yourself or your pet, then consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

AnneS said...

Oooh, free stash, I'm so jealous! ;) Mermaid Inn is looking good :)

AnneS said...

Oooh, free stash, I'm so jealous! ;) Mermaid Inn is looking good :)

Barb said...

Mermaid Inn is looking great. I'm anxious to see more of it in the future.