Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ladye of the Castle

Finished... (you can click for a clearer version)...



I'm going to spend time this week working on some small WIPs which I rescued from my stash drawers over the weekend. Some were thrown into the 'too hard basket' (for e.g. the Drawn Thread's 'Cat's Meow' which just has the couched mice tails to do) and some appear to have been abandoned for no good reason. I think some time and patience could see a few of them finished.

OH bought me my Christmas present on Saturday - not only that but I was allowed it then too. Wipppeee... I'm now the owner of a Toshiba laptop! Unfortunately, it emits a very annoying dial-tone type noise from the screen which varies in intensity depending on the angle of the screen. I am quite easily annoyed by noises, but even OH agrees it's excessive and annoying. So this one may go back to the shop for a replacement yet. Boo! I don't want to have to plug myself into my iPod every time I want to surf the net. LOL It was a fantastic pressie, and even though OH probably thinks I'm ungrateful with all the complaining about the noises it makes and how frustrating it is - I do love it.

We're getting high-speed internet installed on 7 October, which I'm ever so excited about. Goodbye dial-up, no thanks broadband... high speed here I come!

7 comments:

Karoline said...

Lady of the Castle is gorgeous, congratulations

bunnyhead said...

How pretty! That's a shame about your new laptop. I hope your new one will work better for you. A noise like what you described would annoy me as well.

Jenn said...

Congrats on your finish and the new lap top. Sorry to hear that you might have to return it. I hope you get it all straightened out soon.

Kim said...

Your Lady looks fantastic! Love how it turned out. :D

Congrats on getting a new computer!

zoeandcooper said...

She is fantastic! Congrats on the finish:)

Lisa said...

Congrats on your finish and new laptop :o)

Barb said...

Very pretty