Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We're all going on a summer holiday,....

Tonight is my last free night before we head off, so I thought I'd post a WIP photo of Ladye of the Castle. I am not sure I really like how the colours are coming together in this one, but it may grow on me more as I get further down the bands.



Thanks for all the comments on my last post. I'm well over the flu now, thank goodness. We have a lot of travelling ahead of us so I'm glad I got it when I did, and not this week! Jane asked where I'm off to on my trip - first stop is balmy, tropical Singapore. OH and I are very fond of Singapore, so we're looking forward to the return visit. We're then off to England and Northern Ireland to catch up with friends and family. We also have a 7 night stay in Cyprus, and a few days down in the Republic of Ireland. Then back to work for a rest, methinks! :0)

It was my birthday yesterday... boy they come around quick these days! OH gave me a 1GB memory card for my digital camera. I'll be able to get about 400 photos on it - very cool. I also got lots of other lovely pressies including garden vouchers, a panini maker, some money (which I'll use after the trip for some stash, of course!), clothing, chocolates, chocolate truffles (yum!), an ornamental tile to hang on the wall etc. Very spoilt.

Well, I hope you'll all be stitching your hearts out while I'm away so I have lots to read and comment on when I get back. Take care everyone!

22 comments:

Jane said...

I like the sampler so far :o)

Wave to us in Wigan as you go by :o) Have a great time :o)

Zohrah said...

You stopping by Singapore...wow!! Have a nice trip and happy belated birthday.

zoeandcooper said...

Your Ladye looks lovely!

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Karoline said...

Your sampler looks lovely so far.

Enjoy your holiday, you know that the UK is 'enjoying' record hot tempratures at the moment, so of course the country has ground to a halt!

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Ladye of the Castle is moving along quickly now! Have a wonderful holiday!

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Your sampler is coming along nicely. I think we've all had projects where the colors didn't seem quite right at first. Sometimes you have to stick with it for a while, other times you need to make a change or two.

Happy belated birthday! Enjoy the new camera card.

Lisa said...

Have a great holiday and belated birthday wishes

Ally said...

Cyprus is hot, hot, hot at present - 40 degrees plus in Nicosia, so I hope you're going to be beside the sea! I'm spending my holidays high up in the Swiss Alps, I think... and happy belated birthday!

liz said...

Have a wonderful trip Rowyn, and happy belated birthday!

Carto said...

Aww I'm jealous! Have a fantastic holiday. We'll need to know all about it when you get back...and a happy belated Birthday to you. LofC is coming along great. Don't worry about the colours. I did a celtic alphabet sampler and when I got the threads for it I thought they looked hideous, but when they came together, it actually worked really well. This looks really good. Safe journey :)

StitchCat said...

Have a safe trip :)

Kim said...

I think it looks great! Have a great trip!

AnneS said...

As per usual I'm behind with my blog reading ... so here's a VERY belated happy birthday - hope you have a wonderful time on your trip - can't believe it's finally arrived!!

Little Grey Cat said...

Hope you have a lovely trip. Sounds like you're going to have fun!

Looking forward to your photo's and updates when you get back.

your said...

phentermine nice :)

your said...

phentermine nice :)

Sally said...

earn money - tramadol cool blog :)

Sally said...

Buy Phentermine and Valium online. Lowest Price. Phentermine - Valium

Sally said...

Buy Phentermine and Valium online. Lowest Price. Phentermine - Valium

Sandra White said...

phentermine - health insurance - debt consolidation - home equity loans Nice comment.. I ll come back for sure :]

Sally said...

Buy Phentermine and Valium online. Lowest Price. Phentermine - Valium

Sandra White said...

phentermine - health insurance - debt consolidation - home equity loans Nice comment.. I ll come back for sure :]