Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wahooo Winter

After the fog cleared this morning it revealed a beautiful, warm day. Winter isn't all bad. (You can click the photos for a larger view).



I don't think Meg has made an appearance on my blog for some months, so here she is enjoying today's mid-Winter sunshine in her favourite spot on the fence (it's great for bird and lizard watching!). I can't remember if I mentioned that Meg has joined the elitist club... she's now a gold star cat door user too. Giggsy shows no interest and runs away if he thinks he's going to be shoved through it. LOL.



Meg's shadow is usually found lurking in the garden beneath... yup, it's Tess! As you can see she's getting quite chubby, which we'll have to work on fixing later in the year. Her growing physique has lead to her latest nickname - Bubble! She's got a very petite frame but a very round middle... it's like someone has pumped her up with a bike pump.



OH went to bed early-ish last night (so he could get up at 3am to watch football), so I watched one of my favourite movies (Shall We Dance) and stitched until after midnight. It was great and I made some good progress on Damask Roses. Thanks for your comments on the last WIP update :-)

Hope you're all having a great stitchy weekend.

12 comments:

bunnyhead said...

What a gorgeous view!

zoeandcooper said...

Tess looks a bit like my other cat Ralph. He has a very tiny head and legs, but his middle is HUGE. My friends call him Brando because he went through a similar size change as Marlon Brando over the years:)

AnneS said...

I love the latest round of photos ... you cracked me up about Tess - I now have a visual of her being blown up by a bike pump LOL. I love Shall We Dance too ... the best way to stitch, I reckon, is in front of the TV with a great movie on :D

Karoline said...

Gorgeous photo's, I love your view

natty68 said...

Aww what lovely photos :) I did giggle when I read about Tess looking like she had been blown up with a bike pump :)

*Hugs*

Lisa said...

Love your pics....so jealous of your fantastic view

Nicki said...

We've had some days like this too - but without the fog. Love the cat photos! Tess has DEFINITELY grown! :)

Carto said...

Aww what a view. I'd love a view like that from where I live, fabulous.

You're puddy cats are sooo cuuuute!! My feline livewire is currently stalking the local game! Have a lovley day :))

Kathy said...

Wow what a fantastic view, it loks georgeous. Oh well I can dream lol.

StitchCat said...

The cats always get the best spots. Poor chubby Tess is probably feeling quite jealous that she cant get up on the fence LOL.

Little Grey Cat said...

I wish our winters days looked like that!

Aww look at those kitties - so cute :o)

Chas said...

The view from your yard is quite beautiful. It's hard to believe it's winter in other parts of the world when it's soooo hot here.