Saturday, May 27, 2006

Little to no progress on all fronts...

I have started my exchange piece, but am really feeling unmotivated about it (which is why progress is slow). I think because I've had to adapt it to fit the required size and am not feeling confident that I'll be happy with the finished product.

For anyone wondering about how the cats are getting on with the cat door. One cat has used it of their own accord - but it wasn't one of our cats, it was wee Blackie from down the road! LOL. I'm sure my lot think it is a device of torture, rather than something installed for their enjoyment and freedom. We've now got them using it with the flap propped up which is a start.

Not much other news, so I pinched this quiz from Zohrah's blog

1) What is your occupation? IT at an IP law firm (although I know more about IP than I do IT at the moment)
2) What colour are your socks right now? Navy blue
3) What are you listening to now? The hum of the lap top and Tess (my constant companion!) purring
4) What was the last thing you ate? A piece of chocolate cake for dessert (I made it, it wasn't great)
5) Favourite colour? Blue
6) Music Preference? Pop/Rock
7) Last person you talked to on the phone? My Mum
8) How old are you today? 31 years and 10 months
9) Favourite drink? Diet coke
10) What is your favorite sport to watch? Olympics, Commonwealth Games, rugby sometimes (OH is sports mad, I'm much less so)
11) Have you ever dyed your hair? Yup
12) Do you wear contacts or glasses? Neither
13) Pets? 3 cats
14) What will you stay home to watch? Bad Girls
15) What was the best movie you have seen lately? White Noise (for ages I've been saying to OH that I want to see a movie that will really scare me... well, ask and you shall receive, it was sufficiently creepy and gave me lots of goosebumps!)
16) What is your favourite day of the year? Family birthdays
17) What do you do to vent your anger? I'm a door slammer from way back LOL
18) What was your favourite toy as a child? Roller skates (I always wanted the boot skates, but only ever had the strap your feet in variety!)
19) Vanilla/Chocolate? Chocolate
20) Living arrangements? My fiancee and I own our own home
21) When was the last time you cried? Got teary eyed watching a programme earlier in the week - 'Special Investigators'. A documentary where they investigate accidents soon after they happen - they sometimes speak to the families who are still very raw with grief, as they did this week. The last time I had a full on cry was months ago.
22) What did you do last night? Started watching the movie 'Alexander' but then went to bed early because I was very tired
23) Favourite smell? 'Fantasy by Britney Spears' perfume... it is scrummylicious!
24) What inspires you? Strong people who make the most out of what ever little they have
25) Least favourite person right now? Nobody

Hope you're having a great stitchy weekend!

3 comments:

Little Grey Cat said...

Hiya

Your kitty door looks the same as the one I installed last year. My cat wouldn't use it either but then I worked out why. At the bottom there's a magnet to keep it closed and it's actually pretty strong. I removed one side of the magnet so it swings more easily and now she's in and out of it all day. The door doesn't tend to swing open of it's own accord in the wind or anything so I've never bothered to put it back in.

liz said...

My new cat Litha didn't like our cat flap either, she had never seen one before. We shoved her through it each way a few times, sounds cruel, but she was fine, and she loves it now. It's given her a new sense of freedom, she can come and go as she wants.

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

I didn't know that Britney Spears have her own perfume. Wonder how it smells like. :)