Friday, May 19, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Thank heavens for heaters, fleeces, electric blankets, warm cats and toasty OH's - it's been so cold for the past week or so. The surrounding hills have even had their first good coating of snow for the year. My thoughts keep straying to Cyprus and imagining how hot and roasty I'll be in just a few months. Ahhhh....

It's been so cold in fact that some Irises I have in a pot which used to belong to my Grandmother think they've already been through a full Winter, and one has actually flowered (in May!!??). Not that I mind... I adore Spring flowers. It was nice to see some pictures of the Keukenhof Gardens on some recent blogs. I went there in April 1999 and it was absolutely stunning, almost surreal.

On the stitching front I still haven't started the exchange piece, but the mailing deadline is a few weeks away so there's no pressure yet (provided I can actually put down Damask Roses!). I had to reverse stitch half of her face the other night, I was half a stitch out and it really put a kink in things. My visit from the frog didn't dint my enthusiasm for this piece one iota though, yay me!

This weekend my sisters and I are having a 'craft sleepover' at my older sister's house. K's hubby is away and she lives in a semi-rural/bush location, so me and lil' sis' are going to keep her company and have some sewing fun. The aim of it all is to produce some applique-come-quilting type pictures. It's been described to me as drawing a picture on backing fabric, then using pieces of material to create the picture on the front using a combination of some adhesive spray and a sewing machine. I'm taking with me a photocopied enlargement of a photo of Meg's face, in the hope of creating something reminiscent of her (or at least reminiscent of a cat LOL). If it doesn't turn out too terribly badly, I may share a pic on Sunday. I think I'd better pack my cross stitch in my overnight bag though, in case things go pear-shaped! :-)

Earlier in the week I placed an order for some clothing from a mail order company. Some of the items arrived today... it didn't occur to me until quite some time after I'd tried it on that the denim jacket I bought again has embroidery on it. I think I'm subconciously obsessed!!

There was a story in the news today which really cracked me up. If you want to laugh at how small incidents can snowball click here

Have a great weekend, and hope you are warm and happy wherever you may be!

4 comments:

liz said...

Hope you have a great weekend Rowyn. Stay warm!

Jane said...

What a great news story! LOL LOL I shall have to be careful when I'm next out and about in my powered chair! Hey, I wonder if I've already been responsible for such events?? Have a good weekend and keep warm :o)

StitchCat said...

I can just imagine watching the incident...especially with the elderly man unaware of what was happening...what a dag :)

Stitchie Kiwi said...

That scooter story is so funny ... I hadn't heard about it, but explains why the traffic was banked up on Tuesday afternoon when I drove through - saw police cars etc and thought there'd been an accident but couldn't see any cars! LOL ... so thanks for solving that wee mystery for me ... funny the things you learn through internet cross-stitching friends!

Enjoy your weekend away - it sounds like heaven!