Monday, May 22, 2006

All things feline

It sounds like the news article gave a few of you a good chuckle!

I had a great craft weekend out in the wops with big sis and lil sis. K inherited a lot of fabric from her friend's Grandmother, so there was lots to choose from... I ended up making a blue country-style cat. Of course, it wasn't planned that way it just eventuated! I am quite chuffed with it.



While I was gone OH installed a cat door for the felines of the house. Here's OH trying to entice Meg through with some schnitzel. They're kind of curious, but also very confused. Once they get used to it though, they'll love it (and so will we, because we won't have to play doorman and doorwoman all night!).



Tonight I definitely plan to start on my exchange piece. I have all the stuff, I just need to cut the fabric and get started.

9 comments:

Karoline said...

Love the patchwork cat, I'm sure your kitties will soon get the hang of the cat flap but don't count on having to stop the door opening any time soon LOL. Mine see no reason to use the flaps when there are 'staff' to open the door.

Kim said...

That's a great patchwork cat! Nice work. :D

Love the pic of enticing the cat through the cat door.

Carol said...

It took my kitties three or four days to all get used to their cat door :-) Two got it right away - one of the six actually took almost two weeks - LOL!

natty68 said...

Love the patchwork cat, its lovely.

Hope the kitties get used to the cat flap..we gave up with our kitties. One could use it but the other one refused point blank to use it..

*Hugs*

Gina E. said...

What a cute shot! Wish I had my camera at the ready at times like that. Our Topsy couldn't wait to use her cat flap as soon as it was installed. Poor cat, she is totally confused now, as we are keeping her indoors 24/7, since she got hurt in a cat fight a couple of months ago. She claws madly at the cat flap and mews at us to open it!

StitchCat said...

The patchwork cat looks great. Lovely colours. One the cats get used to the cat door there will be no stopping them. Most of my cats would use a cat door...of course there was one who would refuse too and sit wailing at the door till someone opened it. She probably couldnt understand why all the others were disapearing through the hole

Jane said...

What a fabuous quilt! I could get quite attached to a quilt like that :o)

Lori said...

I really liked the patchwork cat! Love to sew and scrap. I play doorwoman with my dog from the time I get up till I put the dog in her bed at night. Can be a little nerve racking. Good luck with the kitty door.

I LUV CATS said...

I found the cutest photo on your site.