Friday, April 14, 2006

A little kitty and a little HD

Since so many stitchers out there are cat lovers, and because I just find her so darn cute... here's a photo of my sister's new kitty 'Misty'.



OH is away for half of the long weekend, so I managed to start and finish this Hedgehog design today before heading out for the evening. I stitched it with Needle Necessities, no#130 (the thread colour doesn't seem to have a fancy name like so many hand and over-dyed threads). I like how it turned out, although I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I am planning on buying a sewing machine after I return from my holiday, so maybe I'll use it as a practice piece (since it didn't take long to stitch, if I fluff up it's not the end of the world).

(Click pic for better view)



PS. The Hedgehog is a free design from The Workbasket and is still available, along with some other nice freebies.

9 comments:

Sylvie said...

Aww, Misty is so cute!!!
Your hedgehod is very unusual, I like it and the thread is perfect!

bunnyhead said...

What a cute finish! He'd make a perfect pin cushion. The cat is adorable!

Jane said...

I love the hedgehog! And Misty is lovely :o) I took some pics of my cat today, so I'll copy you and put them up!

Thanks for adding me to your Blog list Rowyn - I'll be doing my list later and now I've found you, I'll be sure to pop in :o)

Nicki said...

awww! Such a cute kitty!

Love the hedgehog. That's a lovely colour thread you chose :)

AnneS said...

Your quaker hedgehog turned out beautifully - can't wait to see what you turn it into :) Misty is real cute too :D

Karoline said...

Love both the hedgehog and the cat, they're both really cute

Carol said...

Misty is adorable!

I looked it up for you - NN 130 is called Woodland Fantasy :-) They do have names, but they don't print them on the labels... which is strange. You can find the list in the catalog at needlenecessities.com Hope you had a great Easter!

Jenna said...

Awwwwww... cute kitty! I love kitty pics, so thanks for indulging. :) Very nice hedgehog, so I hope you don't fluff it up. ;)

Heather said...

Oh what a sweet little kitten. Thanks for the freebie of the hedgehog, my best friend loves hedgehogs and this will be perfect for her.