Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm having issues...

... with my stitching that is, although I now have issues with the scanner too. It's done a horrible job of the photo beneath.

The stitching on DT's 'Cat's Meow' has been done for a few days now, but the couching of the mouse tails is frustrating me no end. Couching looked like it would be really easy, but I keep getting in a right tangle. The fact I have one mouse tail done is just sheer luck. Does anyone out there have any handy tips?



I'll be sure to post a better photo when my sister gives me my digital camera back. I let her borrow it so she could take some photos of her new wee kitten. She is pure white, about six weeks old and just so cute.

I received an Easter exchange package on the weekend. It came via my neighbour, because it had been addressed to their street number and not mine. I got a call from my Mum saying 'did you get your parcel?'... and I'm like 'what parcel?'. Apparently the neighbour called my Mum after poking around in the phonebook and asking her if there was a Rowyn in her family. How kind that she went to the effort of phoning someone (she probably struck it lucky first time as I think Mum and Dad are the only ones of our surname in the book), and didn't just send it back to where it came from. I found it on the doorstep on Saturday night. I'll be sure to share a photo of the exchange come Easter time.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Your project looks great! The mice are adorable. Sadly I don't have any tips for couching. I can relate, I'm not good at it either. Good luck w/ those tails! :D

zoeandcooper said...

I love this piece. It looks great! Hope those tails are nicer to you soon.

Nicki said...

I don't have any tips, but the tail you've done looks good to me and the whole thing is really cute! Good luck with the other tails :)

Ali B said...

Hi Rosie, hope you're not getting in too much of a tangle with that couching! I must say I find it really tricky too. Just need to take it slowly and carefully and straighten the thread out each time to keep it tangle-free. other than that ... just keep stitching!! Ali xx

AnneS said...

Have to admit, I'm not a fan of couching either - don't a wee bit, but can't say I have any major tips to share ... the only thing I found that made it easier for me was to have my needle down to the back of the fabric at the end of where the couching finishes (ie so you have one long stitch on top, which is the thread you're couching down) - I then pull it out of the way on the back and anchor the needle somewhere on the side of the fabric so that thread's not dangling down in the way ... that way it makes handling the couched thread easier, as you're not juggling as many things or getting tangled up so easily. Then I just manipulate the 'long thread' into the right place for the next couching stitch ... sorry, but I've probably made that as clear as mud! :D Looks great, though, so hang in there! :D