Friday, March 03, 2006

Tess

Thanks for tagging me Lulu and Polo. My name is Tess, and here are six things I love to do -

1. Man-made toys really just aren't my saucer of milk. I prefer my toys with a bit of vigeur, so I generally just try and play with Meg and Giggsy (my adopted brother and sister). They don't like my young, boisterous ways much so the only way I can get them to play is by tapping them on the leg as they walk past or throwing myself at them and biting them around the juggular! If I can't find Meg or Giggsy I enjoy chasing my own tail and running around the house like a nutter. The kitchen floor is especially fun because I haven't figured out how to walk on lino yet, so I slip and slide all over the show when I'm at top speed.



Usually when I'm done I just follow Meg around, this has lead to one of my nicknames 'Shadow'.



2. Summer. I love summer... there are so many more gifts around that I can take home to surprise my adoring family. I especially like cicadas and the clicky noises they make, and the slippery lizards are always fun to play with (indoors or out!). The family never seem too appreciative, but it's fun catching them over and over.

3. I like to follow Mum around all over the show. I like surfing the net with her (here's a pic of me helping), having her chase me around the house (and chasing her too, sometimes like the other night I pop up out of nowhere and give her the heebie geebies), sitting on her lap while she is trying to stitch and pushing open the door of the littlest room in the house (I don't know why I feel the need to keep her company in there, but I do).



4. My all time favourite thing to do is eat. I adore food... I can hear when someone is in the kitchen from anywhere within at least a one mile radius. When Mum and Dad come home from work Meg is always at the door first, but I am really feisty and always push my way into the front of the kitchen queue and usually get fed first. I mostly just like tinned cat food and fresh meat, but I enjoy a few chippie crumbs once in a while. After a good feed I usually just kark out for a while...



5. If you read Mum's blog regularly you will know that one of my other interests is biting people... usually Mum (Dad is a lot scarier than Mum, he's got a loud booming voice and a funny accent). Sometimes I just give love nips, where I mean no harm. Other times I bite just 'cos I want to and 'cos I can. I am a year old now, you know. Then I just look all cute, sweet and innocent so they don't stay angry with me for long.





6. I also love snuggling with Mum and Dad when I'm not in their bad books. I usually let my tongue hang out and the drool run free. I'm not old enough to be trusted to have the run of the house at night when Mum and Dad are sleeping (they think I'll play and wake them up), so I have my own room with a double bed and a heater for the chilly nights but it is always great to be let in to their room for morning cuddles and snuggles.



I'm going to tag
Ollie and Smudge (co-owners of Natty)
Raphael and Xena (co-owners of Jenny)
Jade (owner of Vash)
Gig & the gang (owners of Carol)
Maisie (owner of Lisa)
... and anyone else who would like to let their cat loose on their PC :-)

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Dear Tess. My how you've grown since you find found your way into the household! We're glad to see you seem to be in control! Meow and thank you for talking. Lulu and Polo!

Gina E. said...

Ah Rosie, what beautiful photos of your black furbaby! She is just like my Topsy, right down to the biting and nipping!

bunnyhead said...

Your cats are adorable! And thank you for passing the link along for your Love piece, it's gorgeous!

Little Grey Cat said...

Aww Tess, you and your brother and sister sound really cute and fun to be with. Your mum and dad are very lucky to have you although you will have to stop that biting now you're a whole year old!