Saturday, February 18, 2006

A mag hag, a devil cat and an OH who made sure I got a crafty bargain

My name is Rowyn, and I'm a magazine-aholic. Here are two more I added to my ever-growing collection this week! I just hope OH doesn't ship me off to rehab at some stage. :-)



And now for some stash of a different kind... some wool...



I got a bit of a bargain because they were supposed to be $6 a ball, but I got them for $3 because they were incorrectly marked on the shelf. OH fought it out for me with the staff who had initially charged me the full amount, and I was returned half of my money. Yay! It isn't a very good photo of it, but it's really pretty and natural looking and is so soft and silky. I'm going to knit a scarf for myself for the winter.

As for the devil cat... if you have read previous posts about my youngest cat Tess you will know she is a bit of a biter. She had calmed down quite a bit, but I picked her up for a smooch last night and she put one paw on the left side of my face, another paw on the right side of my face and opened her mouth wide like she was going to bite me fair and square on the nose. LOL. It's a good job she's really cute and sweet most of the time, so at least we can laugh about it.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Ali B said...

I had to laugh when I read your blog today - I have just finished chatting with my DH who is staying in Hamilton for a family wedding. He went looking for some NZ Cross Stitch Mags to bring me back to UK .... but only found English ones!!! (Se, I have him well-trained, searching out XS items for me on his travels LOL!). The latest issue of Cross Stitcher is brilliant - hope it will appear in your Kiwi shops v. soon

Jenna said...

Oh, what a funny description of your run-in with Tess! I can just picture it; what a sweet little brat she is. :)

Ali B said...

Thanks for the tip about photobucket.com ... so once I have an account, how do I use it to attach a photo to my profile so that when I create a comment, it shows my picture - I am not sure how to add it ....
I think DH gave up after that first attempt :-) he said his skydive was amazing!!!

Katrina said...

a girl after my own heart, lol - I can help myself with magazines either!

Ali B said...

Thanks so much for your help - I have added my photo now! I must say, photobucket is really a lot easier to use (now that I have had some expert help!). Hope you enjoyed a nice stitchy weekend! I managed a couple of hours on my latest sampler project - hopefully will finish it this week and can show it off on my blog once DH gets back home with the digital camera :-) Take care xx

AnneS said...

Well, if you end up being put in rehab, just make sure you take all your stitching supplies and magazines in with you - crikey, imagine that ... stitching all day every day without a care in the world ... heck, it could almost be worth it! LOL.