Thursday, February 09, 2006

Damask Roses Update

I thought it was time for an update pic of Damask Roses. Excuse the shonky quality, it seems my pics of stitching turn out checkered whether I take a photo or scan it (must be something to do with the PC). If you click on the photo it gives you a slightly clearer photo.



I had some time to kill after work today, so went and bought the threads I needed for the Mystery Sampler I mentioned in my previous post. I'm just going to stitch it in DMC thread, but haven't yet decided what fabric I will stitch it on.

While I was out wandering waiting for my ride I picked up a copy of the World of Cross Stitching. I am always drawn to the Humphrey's Corner designs - the elephants are always sooo sweet. I've only stitched one HC 'Pushing Baby', but hope to stitch more in future (I've got quite a few HC charts now).

Then when I got home my next installment of the Rainbow Club had arrived from Countrystitch - this month's choice is a Kiwi Sparkle in Wisteria. It wasn't until I saw the photo I took I realised it was a sparkler... it is very pretty. All in all a very satisfactory stashy day!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Great progress, looks very pretty! And you did have a great stash day, great fabric! :D

Jenna said...

Very nice stash day! Damask Roses is coming along. Keep it up! :)

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Nice stash. It looks like you're making good progress with Damask Roses. That's such a pretty design.

I've had similar problems from time to time w/ photos & scans of my stitching. I don't know what causes it, but I've noticed that it's especially bad with Wichelt fabrics. :(

Andie said...

I love that Wisteria :) I am stitching something on it for my daugher at the moment :) Damask Roses is looking good.

AnneS said...

You're really going to have to stop showing your progress piccies of Damask Roses! Every time I see it growing more and more, I get more of a desire to drag mine out and start it ... it's getting harder and harder to fight off the temptation! LOL. Yours really is looking beautiful - I just adore the colours :)) And your Valentines gift is beautiful too - doesn't it feel great? :)