Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It is time to boot summer out the door...

It has been so hot here lately, that I think it's time for summer to leave now. All the cats are suffering in the heat, as are the humans. Even my postcard thermometer (my old boss brought it back from an inventors convention in the USA years ago) can't cope - it's off the scale (it goes up to 35 degrees Celsius). OH and I managed to find some respite over the weekend - we drove up some mountains (the Rimutakas for the local folks), and then climbed the remaining 725 metres to the top. It was foggy up there and like standing in a fridge, pure heaven!

At the ripe old age of 31 I gained my learner's driving licence yesterday and have had two lessons so far. I always had an excuse in my 20s for not getting it (I was too busy travelling) - but I decided if I didn't do it now, I never would. Kiwi drivers are maniacs, so wish me luck - I am going to need it!

I bought Issue 35 of Cross Stitch Gold on the weekend. I have wanted the book 'Cross Stitch Fairies' for quite some time, but wasn't prepared to pay the $60 price tag not knowing much about it except that I liked the cover design 'Moon Fairy'. So I was chuffed to spot this Issue and see that the pattern for Moon Fairy is in it.

I went to a Fuschia show on Sunday morning... I never knew there were so many different kinds, even a pure white one! Really stunning. I didn't buy any, I have four and they don't get as much love as they should. :-)

I've managed to fit some stitching in, although not a whole lot. Here's my progress on Damask Roses -

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Damask Roses is coming along! Sorry it's so hot for you right now. Take an ice bath. :)

Katrina said...

hi,the heat has been a bit unbearable up here in Hawkes Bay this week too, and there's nowhere to escape from it :)

good progress on Damask Roses - those colours are some of my favourites.

Nicki said...

It's the humidity up here in Auckland I can't stand. Bleurgh! Bring on autumn...

Good luck with the driving. Be careful! Kiwi drivers are rather absent minded to put it politely... :)

AnneS said...

Just don't try driving in Auckland! LOL - I reckon Auckland drivers are some of the most crazy in the world (and I just to drive there every day!!). Sorry to hear the heat is killing you ... like you, I'd love some of that cool northern hemisphere weather right about now - and February is always the hottest! Yikes!! Damask roses is soooo beautiful - I just adore the colours :)

Carol said...

I'll trade you - we have ice here in New England - I will happily take your heat!!

Congratulations on your driving permit! Woo Hoo! FREEDOM!!

Love your start to Damask Roses too!

Lana said...

Don't worry about not having a licence to drive, I'm 28 and still don't have mine, but I have my learners permit. The more you practice, the more confident you'll get!
Hope the heat settles down for you soon!
~Lana~

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://itiderebob.o-f.com/rysafy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ywugymafu.ibnsites.com/gapalo.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tenykijop.1accesshost.com/voxigu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money