Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year



Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2006 will be a fantastic year for you.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Yesterday was the first day I was able to do any stitching since before Christmas (we had visitors). I started back into things by reverse stitching 'For the Birds'. My Mum found the two mistakes in it for me, which meant I needed to unpull over half of the alphabet border. Oh dear! And then would you believe it... I frogged my frogs, by unpicking a letter of the alphabet which was fine - fortunately I realised my mistake before I got too carried away. My OH has now nicknamed me Wowyn Wong ('cos Rowyn keeps getting it wrong!). Things went smoothly after that and it won't be long until I can post a HD.

I did get a few hours alone while we had visitors. I scanned an old photograph and put it into my cross stitch pattern programme. Although I got the programme to choose sepia colours there still seem to be some pinks and greens in there. I think I will have to do some fairly major tweeking of the colours before I start stitching. OH bought me this programme when we were living overseas in 2002, and I don't think I've ever seen any positive comments about it from other stitchers. Maybe I ought to invest in a new programme. I love antique images and if I could convert them to cross stitch easily it would be a good investment I'm sure. Can anyone recommend a good programme?

Our lovely summer weather went down the gurgler today, we've had gale force winds and rain. The winds broke one of my outdoor ceramic pots, broke a small section of spouting off the house and ripped out some of my lovely Dahlias which were just starting to bloom. It is improving now and I believe the good weather is set to return, here's hoping.

I'm not back to work until next week, so I hope to spend a fair amount of time stitching and relaxing. Hope you're all enjoying yourselves over the festive season.

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Happy New Year!

I have PC Stitch Professional costs a bit but its done the job for me...

Jenna said...

I have the same thing Chanda does and I've had good luck with it. It's not too bad as far as price goes, either (US$80).

Thea Dueck of The Victoria Sampler uses EasyGrapher, as does Nan of Just Nan, Janlynn Corporation and other designers, but it's really expensive (US$300).