Thursday, January 12, 2006

For lack of a better title - THURSDAY'S TIDBITS

As you can see, this week I've worked a little on Damask Roses...



...and bought a couple of stitching magazines. They have some great designs in them. I particularly like the English Rose design in Just Cross Stitch.





I've seen this on a few other blogs, so here's my answers for anyone who is interested -

A is for Age: 31
B is for Booze: Not a drinker, although like a Bailey's or Amarula now and then
C is for Career: I work for a law firm
D is for Dad’s Name: Michael
E is for Essential Item to Bring to a Party: Party poppers and SingStar
F is for Favourite Songs at the Moment: Beautiful by James Blunt
G is for Goof-off Thing to Do: Talk in silly voices
H is for Hometown: Upper Hutt
I is for Instrument You Play: Air guitar :-)
J is for Jam or Jelly you Like: Blackberry jam
K is for Kids: Here's hoping
L is for Living Arrangement: OH and I own a four bedroom house with a view and a pool. We like it a lot!
M is for Mum’s Name: Donna
N is for Names of Good Friends: best friend is OH (he can also be the worst, haha)
O is for Overnight Hospital Stays: Nope, only a day stay (lucky me)
P is for Phobias: Spiders (I dream about them fairly often!) and heights (although I don't let it put me off doing things, maybe I like being scared!??)
Q is for Quotes you Like: My new quote - 'Honeybuns, for the last 5 years we've done things your way. For the next 5 we'll be doing them my way' :-)
R is for Relationship That Lasted Longest: OH - we're together 5 years next month
S is for Siblings: Two sisters, I'm the piggy in the middle
T is for Texas: T is also for Tuis, Tuataras and Totaras, just a few things which make my country great
U is for Unique Trait: A sucker for animals
V is for Vegetables You Love: Capsicum
W is for Worst Traits: Plenty of those
X is for X-rays You’ve Had: Only for my teeth
Y is for Yummy Food You Make: My cooking is very hit and miss, so what is yummy one day might be a flop next time it is made (sigh)
Z is for Zodiac Sign: Cancer (nice one, not)

4 comments:

Christine Doyle said...

Great start on Damask roses! I will be tracking your progress on this one~

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

You're off to a good start on Damask Roses. :)

natty68 said...

Good start on Damask Rose :)

And AAAAAAAAAAAh Feb issue of JCS is out.. :( Oh how I wish I lived in the US..lol.

AnneS said...

Ooh, that JCS issue looks nice - I like the look of the French monogram ... BTW, a quick heads-up (and it may only be on my PC) but I'm having difficulty reading your blog at the moment - your photo montage is all over the screen, and where it usually has the plain background behind the text, it's the photos still, so the text is overlaid over the photos ... dunno if it's a problem your end of not, or mine :)