Sunday, January 08, 2006

Fab fabric

Yesterday I received my latest piece of fabric from Countrystitch. It is a Kiwi Patches and is called 'Rose Petals'. It is far prettier in real life than my scan or the scan on the Countrystitch website.



I made a start on Damask Roses last night. It's nice to read your comments (thanks for all the comments lately!) and see that she is liked by others too - I don't think I've ever seen any pics of her posted anywhere. Perhaps because she is an older design (1993), and the internet was only really coming in at that stage. I will post a pic once I've made some real progress, as it's just a small blob of blue at present.

Anne - I just used DMC 115 for the Passione Ricamo freebie. I had looked for a hand-dyed red thread before Christmas at my LNS but they didn't have anything like what I was after, so I gave the DMC 115 a go and quite liked the result.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

OMG, that fabric is GORGEOUS!!!!

AnneS said...

Thanks for the reply about the thread - I just bought some of that about a month ago to try a Twisted Oaks design, as the designer suggested the same thread ... now I know I made the right choice yippee - and so much cheaper than normal overdyeds too! :) That fabric looks beautiful too!

Christine Doyle said...

That is beautiful fabric!! Any plans for it yet?

Nicki said...

I got a small cut of that fabric in my Rainbow Club too! It's lovely isn't it? No idea what I'll use it for yet - what about you?

Juanita - aka flosslady said...

Very pretty fabric.

Damask Roses will be gorgeous when it's finished. I'll look forward to watching your progress.

Tammy said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Too bad I'm not buying any more until I've used up some of my stash...

Heather said...

The fabric looks pretty. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.