Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Damask Roses

I took the head staggers today and went and bought the threads I needed to start Mirabilia's Damask Roses. I've had the chart and fabric in my stash for about two or three years (ever since I discovered Countrystitch), and I also feel like tackling a large project... so let the fun begin!



So tonight I've been winding thread on bobbins (which is fun for all of five minutes!), tomorrow I'll go through them and pull out the ones I need to begin. I have a Valentine exchange I must prepare for, but I have a fairly firm idea of what I'm going to stitch and make for this.

A tip for Kiwi readers - I don't know how long the Spotlight sale is on for, or whether it is because I have a VIP card - but DMC threads were only $1 today. BARGAIN!! :-)

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi there, happy new year to you. I'll look forward to seeing your progress on this one - she's been on my to do one day list for absolutely ages, lol.

thanks for the heads up about the DMC floss too :)

joemiller7431 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

Kim said...

That looks like a fun project! Can't wait to see your progress. :D

I am always somewhat scandalized at the cost of DMC threads outside the USA, here the most I've ever paid is 28 cents per skein. Glad you were able to find them on sale and save some cash, that's always fun. :D

Nicki said...

Thanks for the tip about the threads at Spotlight - must go and see if it's still on! :)

AnneS said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on this Mirabilia - she's on my wishlist for stitching too, and is one of my all-time fave charts of Mirabilia ... watching your progress may make me want to start mine ;)

open365dayz said...

Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via golf. Although I was looking for golf I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!