Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tess' first summer...

My wee girl is really suffering in the heat. Here she is trying to find some shade and a cool breeze under the apple tree in the backyard...



I picked up a copy of the December 2005 UK Cross Stitcher magazine today. I was lured by the freebie - a little elephant called Elliot. I'm a sucker for elephants, especially ones as cute as this. I haven't had the chance to read the magazine yet, but with two weeks off I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze it in! :-)



I'm all over the place with my stitching at the moment. I've put down Lily of the Valley and For the Birds, and have made a start on my Ladybug Needleroll. It's looking very pretty already. I'm stitching it in three strands, as two strands didn't give very good coverage on my 25 count fabric. Perhaps my stitching goal for 2006 should be to be more focused, but of course as we all know with this hobby we are absolutely spoilt for choice with charts, fabrics, charms, threads etc - so with even the best of intentions I might not stick to my goal!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Poor Tess! She looks so beautiful, even if she's too warm. I love black kitties!

Nicki said...

Tess is Soooo cute! Poor things - they do suffer in the heat don't they?

AnneS said...

Aw, Tess is just tooo cute - just beautiful! As for stitching goals, I thought it was just supposed to be a wishlist ... I didn't realise you're supposed to actually meet them ;) Maybe I'd better rethink mine in that case LOL.