Wednesday, November 23, 2005

There's snow on them there hills...

We've had such a mild winter, and some really warm dry weather lately - so it was a bit of a surprise when a southerly blew in on Monday and deposited some snow on the Tararuas!

About 15 minutes ago we had just finished our dinner and there was a thump on one of the lounge windows. If we hadn't seen a few feathers slowly wafting down I don't think we'd have realised what had happened. I went outside to locate the wee beastie, and there was a little Waxeye lying on his back between some bricks. It's still alive at the moment, so I've put it in a box in the dark and quiet of the bedroom. I do hope it recovers, of all the casualties we've had lately none have made it. Fingers crossed!

Speaking of birds, I have just the border to do on the Drawn Threads 'For the Birds'. It's looking really lovely so far. Will share a WIP or HD photo at the weekend.

I didn't get any stitching in last night, as we were shouted out for a meal and to see John Cleese (of Monty Python fame) by OH's boss as a Christmas treat. He's touring here in NZ at the moment. It was a great show and I laughed so hard at times my eyes watered!

So tonight I'll hopefully catch up on some blogs (I've not been online for a few days), get a few stitches in and with any luck release the little Waxeye before it gets dark.

1 comment:

AnneS said...

I bet John Cleese was a blast - I love the pommie sense of humour! What a great treat from the boss!! Look forward to seeing your latest project by TDT ... and I've got my fingers crossed too that your little waxeye makes it! :))