Wednesday, November 16, 2005

For the Birds WIP

Thanks for all the comments on my Tiger Reflection HD.  I do plan to get him framed at some stage Jenna, along with all my other many completed cross stitches.  My Mum, and even my OH, often tell me it is a waste having them sitting in a drawer unseen.  I do hope to get a sewing machine in the future, so that I can learn to finish stitched pieces off in different ways.



I did end up starting on For the Birds last night.  Not a great pic, for some reason when I shrink the photos they make the fabric look checkered!?  The fabric is "Kiwi" 28 count Jazlyn from CountryStitch, and is far nicer in 'real life'.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Jo asked where I'm going when I go overseas next year. First stop on the itinerary is England, then on to Northern Ireland (where OH is from) and we are having a week in Cyprus with OH's family. We're still deciding whether we should stop over somewhere, or whether we should just use the time to spend with family and friends. One thing is for certain, I already have a couple of stitching shops in Canterbury and Ballymena on my personal itinerary. Tee hee.

4 comments:

natty68 said...

Wow if you know of the shops in Canterbury let me know..we often go there for shopping :) The only one I know of is Jems and I am not sure of it.

if you want a really good stitching shop I know a couple that are in the Kent area :) Hey I cant help it, its where I live..lol

Jenna said...

That's quite an itinerary for next year! You're going to have so much fun. :)

BTW, I get the checkered effect on my pics, too. It seems to be how the picture deal with the tight weave of the fabric?

zoeandcooper said...

Wow, that sounds like a great trip. I am very jealous.
For the birds is off to a great start. I can't wait to see the rest.

Kristen said...

So, can I send you with a shopping list for me? Just kidding. Great fabric. I love the color!