Friday, September 09, 2005

Yay, the weekend is here!

We finally gave the wee kitty a name. I love period dramas, so she has been named Tess after Thomas Hardy's 'Tess of the D'Ubervilles'. She was a bit of a stray too, so it is rather fitting.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In between being mauled by the very affectionate Tess and chasing her around when she is doing what kittens do, I've managed a little stitching. Here is Bent Creek's Signs of Winter so far...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am disappointed with the chart. It is a small chart and has two fairly major errors. There is one symbol missing from the key, and they have given an incorrect number for another thread. DMC 3720 does not exist, and I believe it should be DMC 3750 (in case anyone else is contemplating stitching this chart using DMC threads). But hey, when you think of everything else going on in the world right now it is nothing.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I *love* the name you picked for your new adopter cat (since she adopted you). She is such a beautiful puss! But then, I've always been partial to black or silver fur. ;)

Karen said...

Tess is so gorgeous! And a cute name too :)

zoeandcooper said...

Tess is an adorable kitten.

If Zoe wasn't in her hole, I would have thought she migrated to NZ:)

natty68 said...

She is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the name of Tess :-)

Nicki said...

Tess looks like a little version of our Polo - so cute!

AnneS said...

For RosieKiwi: Thanks for your comments regarding my stitching - and glad to know it wasn't just me thinking it was a giraffe!! Although maybe it's just us Kiwis that see it that way LOL.
BTW, I've popped into your blog, too - it's great reading. I'm only just new to blogging, so it's taking me a while to work things out :-)
Thanks again for your comments about my stitching :-) And if Tess ever wants a holiday, she's more than welcome to pop across the ditch to Melbourne - she's adorable!

home equity loans said...

home equity loans