Saturday, August 06, 2005

Pigggss in spaccccccccccccccccce

Well not quite, but I was really chuffed to see the space shuttle fly over tonight. I was lucky it was so bright, because the information I had for locating it in the sky was completely incorrect! But anyway, I got my thrills and that's the main thing. As promised, here's a photo of my Lily of the Valley progress. I was horrified to read the instructions for adding the ribbon. It involves cutting the fabric!! What a scarey notion.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I also forgot to mention that last Sunday I stitched this bookmark for a bookmark exchange I am involved in. It was a freebie blackwork pattern from Dumani Designs, (however I recently tried locating the website and it is now gone which is a shame). Anyway, black would be too boring for this project so I used a hand-dyed thread sent to me last year in another exchange.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today has been a glorious mid-winter day, we had clear blue skies and 16 degrees Celsius. Fantastic! :-)

4 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

That's so cool that you saw the space shuttle! Lovely stitching too!

Karen said...

I love your bookmark - I like the autumnal colours. Your progress on Lily of the Valley is great. Don't worry about the cutwork, just make sure you have a nice sharp pair of scissors, good lighting and no interruptions and you'll be fine :)

Kathy said...

What lovely stitching well done

Hugs xxxxxx

Little Grey Cat said...

I love the colours in your bookmark, they're so pretty.

Good luck with the cutting out :o)