Saturday, July 09, 2005

Like pot?

I do! I am talking of the variety you put plants in, of course. Today I got a huge bargain on some lovely glazed pots - 8 in all. I called my Mum to tell her in case she wanted some. She said not really but that she might call by the shop for a look, and apparently ended up with four!

So I spent this afternoon (which was lovely and sunny) repotting plants and planting spring bulbs. I hope I haven't disturbed the plants too much, as mid-winter is not really the time of year to be repotting plants. However, some were root bound so I may just have done them the world of good. Time will tell.

I am now just hoping the cats don't go digging up the bulbs. I'm sure it is very tempting for them to go digging when they see a pot full of dirt. Although, they aren't just interested in bare soil. I have three little cacti on my kitchen windowsill and the other night there was dirt spread out over the kitchen bench and one empty pot. The missing cactus was later found at the other end of the kitchen. You would think the prickles would put them off playing with them, but no not my two furry felines. I did a paw check for prickles, but the culprit was not identified.

Now, where is the wierdest place you have ever lost and found your cross stitching needle? The other night I lost my needle and we looked everywhere in the immediate vicinity for it, but it could not be found. We eventually gave up and I got another needle out. As I went to sit back down on the couch I looked at my OH and it was sitting on the collar of his fleece. We have absolutely no idea how it got there!! I personally think he is a secret stitcher and pinched it while I wasn't looking... he thinks I must've been trying to stab him when he wasn't looking. Doo-doo-doo-doo doo-doo-doo-doo (that's Twilight Zone music, in case you were wondering).

I'm off to stitch some more on Lady Leona...

No comments: