Saturday, July 02, 2005

Here's Pengy

Introducing the 'Little Penguin' (of the North Island variety). A pic of the completed RR is in the previous post (I haven't taken the time to figure out how to get two pics in one post yet!). 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Today has been a glorious day weather-wise and even quite warm out of the shade, so I spent some time in our garden.  I had just been complaining to my OH earlier in the day about how I find it hard to visualise what we can do with our garden.  But as I was weeding away in the raised vegie garden I was struck by inspiration and now have an idea of how I want that corner to look... I want it Balinese style.  Pebbled with a little Buddha and a lantern, along with potted plants around the edges and maybe even a small water feature.  There is a big fern which is already growing in one corner which will help add to the tropical look.  If it comes to fruition I will be sure to post a pic.



I received a parcel in the post today for a birthday exchange I am participating in.  I'm now going to have to resist the temptation to open it, as my birthday is still a few weeks away yet.



I have a little confession to make... I sat down to watch the rugby tonight and actually..... (gulp)..... enjoyed it!!  Well done to the All Blacks who had a terrific game and won the series.

2 comments:

Little Grey Cat said...

Aww your penguin is a cutie. I have a soft spot for penguins since one tried to eat my coat at the zoo the other year and let me stroke him for a good ten minutes.

OOh, I love your ideas for your garden. I hope you're going to share photo's are you contruct it!

Carol said...

Aw, your penguin is wonderful!! Very nice job!