Friday, June 17, 2005

Not much stitching this week, but plenty of stash

I was miffed on Monday when my Stitching Bits and Bobs order didn't arrive, but thrilled on Tuesday when I saw it sitting in the letter box as we pulled up the driveway. The outer packaging was soaked right through, but fortunately nothing was damaged as most of the charts were in plastic bags and the two that weren't were placed between those that were. Thanks Stitching Bits & Bobs! I will share a photo of my new stash tomorrow.

I also bought two magazines this week. I was going to ease off on the mag front, but hey I needed to go for a walk to stretch my legs and I don't like to be aimless. I got Quick and Easy because the Secret Garden leaflet by Margaret Sherry caught my eye, and the June issue of Just Cross Stitch because I liked the historic looking design by Carriage House Samplings. I love historic stuff... our first house was nearly 100 years old and totally charming (the neighbourhood was not, which is why we moved!). I think I have bought more magazines since my fav magazine shop shut, than I did when they were open!

I actually enjoyed myself at the rugby on Wednesday, it wasn't as cold as expected which was a relief. The Wellington Lions didn't win, but they put up a good defence so the British Lions didn't win by too much. So suck on that OH (who even wore his British Lions rugby shirt to the game, to the amusement of all his Kiwi colleagues!).

I still haven't decided on my RR piece, slack or what? So I am off to go and do that now...

No comments: