Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Lady Leona progress

Here is a progess pic of Lady Leona.  I am really enjoying stitching this piece, probably more so than any other I have stitched before.  She had to take a bit of a backseat while I stitched the RR, but she's getting my full attention again now.  Even my Dad said it looked nice when he came to dinner recently, and that's a pretty big thing coming from him.  My OH just says 'As long as you like it'.  Cheeky.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Hopefully I have made this picture small enough to stop my side bar from shooting to the bottom of the page, but large enough so you can see some detail.



Horror of all horrors... I'm going to watch a rugby game at the Cake Tin next Wednesday night.  Oh how I am praying for a heatwave (yeah, like that is going to happen in the middle of winter!).  My OH's boss has tickets for the British and Irish Lions versus the Wellington Lions, and they have invited us to go along.  I feel really sorry for all those fans who would give their right arm for a ticket, when I'll be going along very half-heartedly.  My OH is a big rugby fan and he's from Northern Ireland, so I'm doing it for him (in the hope that one day he might accompany me to a LNS - yeah right!).  I have been to games before and enjoyed myself, but I'd rather be stitching (and in the warm!).



Enough rugby talk - I was also horrified to go out for a walk at lunchtime yesterday for a cross stitch magazine fix to find my favourite magazine shop gone (moved to the other end of town)!  All was not lost though, I recently found another large magazine store so today I took a walk and ended up with a copy of New Stitches and a copy of Cross Stitcher (the UK version), and after my last moan about UK magazines - I take it all back.  There are quite a few projects I would like to do in each of these magazines.  There is a lovely Spring flower sampler in New Stitches, along with the other half of the Planets design - and in Cross Stitcher there is a Humphrey's Corner (I love those little elephants), some cute flying pigs etc.  I'll add them to my ever expanding 'to do' list.



On a final note, I'm so excited - my order from Stitching Bits and Bobs was posted on Monday.  Last time (once it was actually posted) it reached me in about five days, so I'm hoping it will be here for the weekend.  I just hope I don't lose interest in Lady Leona when it arrives. 



Happy stitching!

4 comments:

AngelSan said...

woaw, your lady Leona is stuning ! Is the fabri printed around, or is it stitches in light brown?

I ordered charts to Stitching bits and bobs nearly a month ago, but apparently one of the chart was on back order, so... I won't be a good judge of theyir speed this time ;)

Rowyn said...

Hi San. The fabric is printed, which adds a nice touch to it. Hope you get your order soon... I have heard Stitching Bits and Bobs can be a bit slow, but the savings for me are definitely worth the wait..even if the wait is agonising! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is just fantastic! Such detail and so much work, you are doing a fantastic job. :) - Kim (www.rmayfaire.tblog.com)

Rowyn said...

Thanks Kim! :-)