Saturday, June 04, 2005

I am prepared to swap stash for sunshine...

It's really, really cold here right now. Luckily we don't have it as bad as some places in New Zealand - but it still doesn't make me feel any warmer.

As mentioned in my post yesterday I planned to do some scrapbooking and finish my RR, and remarkably that is exactly what I have done today! I think the scrapbooking will take some practice, but I did enjoy the process. It's good to have the RR finished in advance of next week's posting date too.

Meg caught her first bird today... the little tweeter was dead, unfortunately and with a lot of it's feathers strewn across our lounge it would never have survived in this cold weather without them. We've had lots of little fantails flitting around lately, they're such pretty little birds and they really do 'flit'. We have some flax bushes outside our kitchen window and I do love it when the Tui's (a native New Zealand bird) come and drink the nectar from the flax flowers... they are beautiful birds and they have a lovely song too. I don't like that cats catch any birds, but I would be even more horrified if my cats came home with any native species! If I manage get any half decent photos of the birds around here, I'll be sure to share them in my blog.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

2 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Hi Rosie! I'm glad I've found your blog. Where in NZ do you live? I was born in Dunedin and spent the first 30 years of my life there before spending 3 years in Wellington. Now I'm in the US, and married to an American. I really miss NZ and my family though. I love your Lady Leona and the scrapbook pages are great. I look forward to reading your blog!!

Rowyn said...

Thanks Jo. I've been reading your blog for ages, and really enjoy seeing all your projects (love the poodle and your R&J). I work in Wellington, but I live in Upper Hutt. I lived overseas for a time too, and really missed NZ - as they say there's no place like home. Happy stitching.